12.29.2006

A Cleveland Christmas

My longest blogging break to date (over a week - ACK!) was due to an awesome Christmas vacation spent with my family in Cleveland. Without a computer in their home to distract us, we spent loads of time just hanging out, which is exactly what I love about the holidays at my parents' place. Dinner at the gorgeous home of my sister and brother-in-law was one of the best parts of the visit.

We found a little time for shopping, too. If you happen to make a trip to Cleveland, you can't skip the Tremont neighborhood, where you'll find a couple cute little boutiques and great restaurants. First stop there: Gingko, where Melanie has carried sulu-design earrings and necklaces since she first opened her shop:

Just down the street is Banyan Tree, with great housewares, clothing, and accessories:


Close to Tremont, along Lorain Avenue, there are a ton of great antique and junk shops. You can't miss Suite Lorain with it's amazing collection of vintage goods that you never knew you needed:



And over on the east side of town, there's Boom Modern, for those of you who love mid-century pieces:

We're in Richmond now, visiting with Barry's family (who have a home computer - no more marathon blogging breaks for me). I dropped off several new sulu-design earrings to Amy at JetSet yesterday - in case you're in the Richmond area and need an earring fix. I hope you're all enjoying the holidays as much as I am!

8 comments:

cccavicch said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! Enjoy the holidays with Barry's family in Richmond. There's a great Vietnamese restaurant on West Broad Street, near the PMUSA HQ and the Sheraton Hotel (I think it's called Mekong).

See you in the new year!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Yay...it's wonderful to see you back! I was lucky enough to receive a Sulu fish necklace in my stocking this year (not a great surprise, as Santa and I are pretty close...) And it is breathtaking close up!!

Ky said...

lovely photos! wishing you a continued safe journey and a happy new year! =)

Holly said...

Merry Christmas to you and your husband! I am so glad you are back on blogger action. have had several slow times here at work this week since most companies are closed with the exception of mine. Hope you have safe travels back to the city I will always love. Hope you have a Happy New Year and hope to see lots of you in it! - H.N.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you guys are having a wonderful holiday! All the best to you!

erin said...

welcome back! glad to hear that you had a nice christmas. love the photos from the cleveland shops...

traci said...

welcome back susan! i'm glad you're having such a great time... your posts always make me want to travel and shop all these great places! we might even be heading to annapolis today for a little visit to the fab antique mall you've had us drooling over... wanna come?

connie said...

glad you're enjoying the holidays and thanks for bringing back good Cleveland memories.